Give a homeless child a Christmas to remember – become a #SocialMediaSanta
For the last two years the good people of Twitter have rallied together to give homeless children across Scotland a Christmas to remember. Shelter Scotland have hundreds of boys and girls – aged from 6 months to 16 years – at their families projects who might not get a present this year. In total there’s 4754 kids homeless in Scotland right now.
Us Twitter users can make a real difference to these kids, so why not join us as a #SocialMediaSanta. Here’s how:
– Check out some of the best books for children, top toys and great games. Lots of which are under a tenner.
– Select an online retailer or support a local toy shop and pick a gift.
– If buying online: Add to Basket, use Shelter’s address at checkout (below) and add a wee message using the ‘gift’ option if available. Include ‘#SocialMediaSanta’ and your contact details if possible. Shelter Scotland would like to thank you personally for your gift.
– If buying in a local toy shop: Send to Shelter Scotland (address below) or drop it off at their office. Include ‘#socialmediasanta’ and your contact details on the outside of the parcel if possible. Shelter Scotland would like to thank you personally for your gift.
– Voila. You’ve made a kid who might not have otherwise got a present very happy this year.
Here’s the full address for Shelter Scotland, they’ll be distributing presents to the families projects in Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, Dumfries and Dundee:
Shelter Scotland, Scotiabank, 6 South Charlotte street, Edinburgh, EH2 4AW
I’ll be sending a toy this week, I’d urge everyone who follows me on twitter to do the same. Lets make it a really special Christmas. Help spread the word by sharing this blog post and using the #SocialMediaSanta hashtag.
Great blog Ross, I’ve been looking for something like this to so. I have shared it and will be participating 🙂
Love it Ross, am more than happy to contribute and share this again this year.
The Works have a great selection of books on 10 for £10 – my order’s on its way. Thanks for organising Ross, great idea.
Good idea (as the alter ego of @pelicancards ) and I’m in.
I’ve decided to ditch the tacky corporate gifts this year, instead I’m making all my clients Social Media Santas. Here’s what I’ve bought so far:
Tomy Hide ‘n’ Squeak Eggs
Science Museum – Science Tricks
Tomy Pop Up Pirate
The Gruffalo Sound Book
Room on the Broom Sound Book
Hairy Maclary from Donaldson’s Dairy
BrainBox – The World
Mould & Paint Glitter Fairy Plaster Kit
Hunger Games Trilogy Book Box Set
Hopefully a decent mix of toys, games and books in there for various ages.
Mr potato head & Roald Dahl treasury: dropped off with Briony from Yelp 🙂
Brilliant idea! Hopefully some wee yin will enjoy a Crayola Doodle Dotty 🙂
Hey everyone! Just a very quick thank you to everyone who’s donated so far! We’re absolutely blown away by your generosity. Will post some pics later, but let’s just say the elves have been very busy!
Fab idea – I will be joining in!
AMAZING response – so many pressies! And all so thoughtful. And they keep coming! Think there’ll be a lot of happy faces this Xmas. Thank you SO MUCH to everyone that’s donated a gift.
Great idea! Can I also make a suggestion which would help another local organisation? There is a preloved children’s toy store, Kinder Handl, located in
Mount Florida, glasgow It is run as a charity organization by a local husband and wife team who donate all profits to yorkhill. There are amazing toys on offer as they only sell really high quality, good condition items (things that have been very loved are offered to families free of charge). Please take a look at their page on Facebook as they update new items on there constantly. they also offer free delivery so i’m sure they would gladly deliver to shelter on customer’s behalf! Great way to support two great charities.
I definitely want to get involved! Amazing!!