10 UK social media stats you NEED to know [video]
10 UK #socialmedia stats you NEED to know.
Appreciate any shares of my ???? everyone.#marketing #comms #PR #digital pic.twitter.com/3dXOtIiKdc
— Ross McCulloch (@ThirdSectorLab) October 25, 2016
Gathered from ONS, Department for Culture, Media & Sport and Ofcom data, my short video rounds up the latest stats from 2016 that every marketer should know:
- 82% of British adults use the internet daily.
- Facebook has 38.9 million UK users.
- 64% of British adults use social media.
- Instagram has the youngest users.
- LinkedIn has the oldest users.
- 71% of British adults have a smartphone.
- The most common use of social media is to find out what’s happening locally.
- 99% of 16-24 year olds in the UK use social media weekly.
- LinkedIn has more male users (62%). Instagram has more female users (56%).
- 37% of people who use social media do so several times a day.
- Twitter has 20.9 million UK users. The majority of whom are 25-44 years old.
- Messaging apps are on the rise. There’s now 16.7 million UK WhatsApp users.
Any surprises in there?