In order to concentrate on my consultancy work with Third Sector Lab and organising Be Good Be Social events I’ve taken the difficult decision to pass on ownership of Third Sector Forums. That new owner could be you.
Third Sector Forums is arguably the most popular charity and social enterprise forum in the UK with 1550 members and over 7600 posts to date. The forum has a Facebook page with 2320 fans and a Twitter account with 3104 followers. The forum has a team of volunteer super-admins who keep it clear of spam and a highly active user base. The forum also performs really well on Google. The forum is built on the vBulletin platform ensuring it is robust and easily updatable. The new owner would get the full website, userbase, domains, social media accounts, etc.
The right person/organisation could really take Third Sector Forums to the next level. Possible people I’m looking to hear from include:
– Third sector umbrella bodies (CVS, social enterprise bodies, etc).
– Social entrepreneurs.
– A co-operative.
– A funding body, foundation, trust or other philanthropic org.
– A consortium of orgs (possibly a tech firm, charity, social enterprise, etc)
– Charities involved in third sector tech.
– Techy types with a passion for social good.
– A third sector publication (magazine, newsletter, news site, blog, etc).
– A business who works closely with the third sector.
– Anyone else who feels they could run Third Sector Forums.
If you’re interested in taking over the forums drop me an email – ross[@]thirdsectorlab.co.uk – or tweet/DM me by Monday 7th May 12pm GMT at the latest. I’m not necessarily looking for money, my main concern is that the forums end up in the right hands.