All the interesting third sector conferences and events happen when I’m busy. This isn’t paranoia, this is fact.
Media140 Third Sector takes place in London as part of Social Media Week. The event will showcase non-profit organisations that have successfully integrated the use of the Real-Time Social Web into their organisations, answer questions for those less confident and explore the tools available for fundraising, communities of support, volunteer networks and cross platform campaigns.
As usual I can’t make it but if you’re free on 4th February I urge you to make it along to hear the ludicrously impressive range of speakers, including:
- Steve Bridger, Builder of Bridges
- Rachel Beer, Founding partner of Beautiful World
- Jonathan Waddingham, Digital Strategist at JustGiving
- Jacqui Darlow, Digital Marketing Manager Dog’s Trust
- John Carnell, Founder and Chief Executive BullyingUK
- Rob M Dyson, Digital/Social PR Manager, WhizzKidz
- Lucy Buck, Founder of Childsi Foundation
Last year Media140 raised £8000 for Mencap and The Big Issue, charities voted for by their twitter followers. Tickets are free for the third sector event with a suggested donation to the Disaster Emergency Committee in aid of DEC Haiti Earthquake Appeal.
So are you going to Media 140 London or one of the other Social Media Week events?
If so, rub it in my face. Leave a comment to let me know what part of the events you’re most looking forward to.